1 pkg JIFFY golden yellow cake mix
2 Tbsp. instant vanilla pudding
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Dash of cloves
1 egg (if there isn't a power outage or the eggs are still cold) or the powdered eggs equivalent*
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1. Prepare cook pot with Standard Bakepacker grid. Fill with water to cover grid and line with an oven bag and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine ingredients and mix by hand for 6 min. Or, carefully add a mixer blade to a battery powered drill and mix for 4 min.
3. Add ingredients inside the plastic bag within the cook pot. Twist top of bag and tuck inside. Place lid over the pot to make a seal. Turn on heat using gas stove, barbecue side burner or camping stove and bring the water to a boil. When water is at a boil, turn down heat to medium.
4. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until cake springs back when depressed with finger. Remove from pot and place on board or plate. Cut away plastic and place a plate on top. Invert the cake and plate and finish peeling away the plastic.
5. Top with whipped topping, dark chocolate shavings or sift powdered sugar.
*If using powdered eggs, a medium egg equals 1 Tbsp. of powdered eggs mixed with 2 Tbsp. water. A large egg is equal to 2 Tbsp. egg powder mixed with 1/4 cup water.
Follow manufacture directions for the Bakepacker. Jiffy mixes are preferred as the smaller quantity cooks properly with the cook pot.
Chocolate chips or cinnamon chips may be added on top of the hot cake. They will melt from the heat of the cake to form a frosting layer. Or 1/4 cup of chips may be added to the batter.