1lb. Ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
Small green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2- 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
2-14.5 oz. cans red kidney beans
2 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Hot sauce
2 c. Sharp cheddar cheese
Cilantro and sour cream for topping
1. In a large soup pot over medium high heat, cook the beef, onion, pepper and garlic until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
2. Add in the tomatoes, beans and seasonings. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in cheese 1/2 cup at at a time allowing to melt before next addition.Let simmer an additional 5 minutes
4. Reserve 1/4 c. for topping
5. Top with cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
This recipe can be cooked in a slow cooker for 5-6 hours on low. Do not add cheese until the last 30 minutes of cooking.